We have started our project in the kitchen. We will probably have that all finished in about the next couple of weeks. We successfully moved the fridge, stove, and cabinets. Even though we will be losing a couple of cabinets.. being able to actually eat at a table will be more than worth it. The rest of the house is still sitting in "needs to be updated" mode. Our front room still has no new floor. We ripped the carpet out and threw down a big rug for now. We want to wait to start that project until we can paint first. Of course everything need funds. Which come in alot slower with a slightly higher house payment but I am still pleased because I feel like we made a really great choice in going with a fixer upper so that our house payment isn't huge.
We have alot more work to do before I think I will ever feel we have gotten rid of the smoke stained walls and icky carpet. We did find a really nice used peice of carpet that we can put in one of the bedrooms but we want to paint first. And painting is hard when it is hard to ventilate properly so you dont get high off the fumes. Once it warms up I am sure we will get stuff done alot faster. The dogs love the new yard. I can't wait till we can get the grass to come back in so when it rains they don't come in covered in mud but that is yet another project to put on the list. It is lots of fun and also lots of work but all worth it.
We love the house and feels like it just keep getting better and better. At first it was a bit rough since our furnace was a bit on the fritz at first and then our water heater needed a new part. luckily we purchased a home warranty when we bought the house that covered both of those things. The part needed for the water heater would have costed more than our warranty so we already made the warranty more than useful. I will try and get on here and post some pics of our bedroom. I really wanted to get some more curtains and decor up before I did but seeing as that is taking the backseat to what is more important I don't think I will get the chance to any time soon.
Anyways. More pics to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment